This looks fun, but I don't know if anybody is still playing Quake III. Probably a few dedicated people left ?
Simpsons map for Quake III Arena - Boing Boing
As these game editors are so easy to use I'm surprised not to see a lot more experimental or artistic work taking place using them. I'm working on an installation using the Unreal 3 engine right now but haven't seen a great deal of other stuff.
I love this work by Alison Mealey (interview here) that uses Unreal Tournament processes to generate visual art.
Kurt Hentschläger has produced this work 'KARMA/cell' using the Unreal 3 engine.
There's a large array of digital art taking place in Second Life but if anyone knows of other game engine based work - let me know !
- 'Game Sound Design' links page.
- 'Game Music' links page.
- 'Film Music' links page.
- 'Film Sound and Sound Design' links page.
- Books, Journals, and Conferences
- Conference and Research Notes
- DVD's with Sound / Music commentaries or documentaries
- Play, Performance, Composition - Integrated Approaches
- The 'MSc.Sound and Music for Interactive Games' at Leeds Beckett University