Here's an interview with one of the Godfathers of Sound Design, Ben Burtt.
Filmsound daily: INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL pt.2
Lots of interviews here courtesy of Sven E Carlsson of filmsound.org fame
Another video doc on the Crystal skull found courtesy of UnidentifiedSoundObject
More from Ben Burtt - This time on Wall.E. also discussions in this Studio360 interview and this San Francisco Chronicle article.
You can see him manipulating a graphics tablet in one of his video interviews. I believe this is probably the Kyma system. he talks a little about how its set up in this interview - moviesonline.
Links to more articles via 'Create digital music'
Nice slightly related Creature sound deisgn article by Darren Blondin here.
- 'Game Sound Design' links page.
- 'Game Music' links page.
- 'Film Music' links page.
- 'Film Sound and Sound Design' links page.
- Books, Journals, and Conferences
- Conference and Research Notes
- DVD's with Sound / Music commentaries or documentaries
- Play, Performance, Composition - Integrated Approaches
- The 'MSc.Sound and Music for Interactive Games' at Leeds Beckett University