The Game Audio Tutorial

You might also be looking our old book : "The Game Audio Tutorial", or new book : Game Audio Implementation.

Game Music goes mainstream !

The Guardian had an article on game music last friday.

I have to agree with them that Bioshock's use of diegetic music is very effective at adding a real depth to the world. I don't think I've come across as good an example of the use of source music in games since Mafia's evocative use of Django Reinhart. It will be interesting to see how roles such as the Music supervisors used in film may start to emerge for games as well.
Links have a habit of changing / disappearing. I have done my best to make sure these are correct but do not take any responsibility for what might be at the end of them ! Please let me know if any are not working and I will do my best to update them.