The Game Audio Tutorial

You might also be looking our old book : "The Game Audio Tutorial", or new book : Game Audio Implementation.

Film : No country for old men

Saw the Coen Brothers new film 'No country for old men' yesterday . Like their other films it's a great example of a film designed with sound in mind and consequently worthy of study (as well a being an excellent film of course !). I was struck by the way the film engaged the audience with the act of active listening again and again, making us focus in on the smallest sounds before hitting us with a shocking dynamic contrast. Best supporting actor role should almost go to the wind in this film, used very evocatively at a number of key points throughout.

There's some discussion from filmsounddaily here.
Some more here.
Links have a habit of changing / disappearing. I have done my best to make sure these are correct but do not take any responsibility for what might be at the end of them ! Please let me know if any are not working and I will do my best to update them.